Grundtvig funding will draw to a close after successful applications received under the 2013 deadlines are assessed and funded. For funding opportunities outside of adult education download our Quick Guide to Funding. For future adult education funding opportunities keep up to date with the new funding programme.
Partners from participating countries work together on a shared theme or activity helping them form collaborative and long-lasting relationships. The funding allows partners to exchange volunteers that are involved in non-profit making activities. It provides an opportunity to learn, share knowledge and gives volunteers a life-changing experience.
- One partner from a participating country.
- Projects last for 2 years and should involve 2-6 volunteers from each organisation.
- Volunteer placements last for a minimum of 21 days.
- All volunteers must be over 50 but can be new or experienced volunteers.
- Each partner is responsible for their own funding.
Funding is calculated on the number of volunteers sent and hosted by the organisation and depends on the duration of the volunteering placements. The Senior Volunteering funding contributes to:
- Project management
- Travel costs
- Subsistence (accommodation , living expenses, and special assistance based on the needs of the individual)
Currently participating in a Senior Volunteering Project? Find help on managing your grant and running your project or chat to a member of the Grundtvig team on 0845 199 1919, or email email@example.com.
2012 Senior Volunteering timeline
March - July 2013
UK National Agency decision:
July - August 2013